Following the government announcement on 12th May 2020, we are pleased to advise that estate agency services can now resume in England, under strict social distancing guidelines.
Our first priority is safety and we are being guided by Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and in that respect, we have implemented a new viewing process for our residential lettings.
Viewing a residential property
We will be preparing virtual viewing videos of our residential properties which can be requested in the first instance by interested parties.
We will only be carrying out viewings at properties after existing tenants have vacated.
Interested parties who have watched the virtual viewing and are declaring a serious interest in the property can then arrange a physical viewing of that property.
To ensure that all viewings are handled in the safest way possible, we will be implementing the following procedures in line with the Government guidance: Checking with all parties that there are no symptoms of Covid-19 prior to the viewing.
- Avoiding physical contact such as hand shaking.
- Maintaining a social distance of 2 metres at all times.
- The agent will ensure that doors are open prior to the viewing and that handles, and switches are disinfected before and after viewings.
- When viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible. Hand sanitiser will also be available on site.
- We will restrict the number of people viewing to 2 and only those in an interested party’s immediate household, so that social distancing can be practiced.
Application forms and property information will be sent digitally to avoid unnecessary handling of paperwork.
Right to rent checks have been temporarily adjusted by the Government due to COVID-19 meaning that:
- ID checks can now be carried out over video calls.
- Applicants can send scanned documents or a photo of documents for checks using email or a mobile app, rather than sending originals.
For up to date information on moving house in England please take a look at the Government guidance which can be found on the Gov.uk website – please click the link:
‘Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak’
We appreciate that these are unusual times and we would like to thank you for your co-operation in adhering to these guidelines to protect the safety of all involved.
We hope to be able to resume standard operations as soon as possible but, in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone should you have any queries or wish to book a viewing.