We respect your privacy and want to be clear about how we process information about you.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Mather Jamie Limited, 3 Bank Court, Weldon Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 5RF.
What information may we collect about you?
We may collect personal data about you, including things like:
- Your contact details, including name, address, email and phone number.
- Your date of birth.
- Your employment status, occupation and where you work.
- Financial information.
- Tenancy information
- Land ownership information
- Information relating to property transactions
- Your wishes and criteria in respect of any matter we are helping you with.
Usually we will have received this directly from you. However, it is possible we may also receive personal data about you from others, such as from members of your family, another party to a transaction you are engaged in, a previous landlord or referee, credit reference agencies, or from your professional advisers.
We also collect information from your use of our website including technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
How will we use the information?
Our use of such personal data is subject to data protection law.
We mainly use your personal data to provide you with information or services you have requested and in performing our contractual obligations. We may also use it for any other purpose for which you give your consent, such as marketing communications, which could include information on us and our services, details about property and development opportunities, and market updates.
We may also use such data for other normal purposes connected with our work. For example, we will use your information to update our own business records, complete statutory returns, and otherwise comply with our regulatory obligations.
Will we share information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your personal data to anyone and we take precautions to keep it secure.
It will sometimes be a normal and necessary part of our work to pass on information to third parties. For example:
- Others assisting with the work we do for you, such as other professional advisers, contractors, tradesmen and service suppliers.
- Other landlords where you apply to another landlord for a tenancy
- Tax authorities in some circumstances.
- Public & Government bodies (such as the Department for Work and Pensions or the Local Authority)
- Debt collection and tracing agents.
- Any other party where we are under a legal obligation to provide information either because of the law or a contractual obligating binding on us.
In addition, our business may be audited or checked by third parties such as those providing professional services to us or with whom we are entering into business relationships. It is sometimes inevitable that such third parties will see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
You have a right of access under data protection law to the personal data that we hold about you and may make an access request in writing at any time. We seek to keep this personal data correct and up to date. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Where the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us in writing or by using the unsubscribe link in any marketing email that you receive.
If you have a concern about the way we are handling your personal information please contact us directly in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with our response you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office with your complaint.