Mather Jamie Chartered Surveyors are an East Midlands based independent mixed commercial, development and rural practice. The Company was established in 1991 and is a director led professional service that has developed an unrivalled reputation for delivering good, competent and reliable advice and expertise to their loyal client base for over 30 years.
We are seeking an efficient, articulate, pro-active and highly organised individual to join our business. The role will be varied and will primarily encompass rural estate management but also include valuation, agency, farm and environmental grant schemes, utilities and CPO compensation claims as well as other roles from time-to-time as the business may require.
We are seeking a qualified Chartered Surveyor. CAAV qualification and RICS Registered Valuer status will be an advantage are not absolute requirements.
As the role is varied and at times demanding, the successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and possess a calm demeanour with a common sense approach.
Location – Based at our offices in Loughborough, Leicestershire
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- Capable of working as part of a team or on their own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint are considered essential plus the ability to demonstrate an adaptability or willingness to learn the use of property-specific software packages and online resources.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with high levels of attention to detail.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A pro-active approach to work and a willingness to get involved and put forward ideas.
- A full UK driving licence is considered essential.
Hours & Salary
Full time – Office hours are 08.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 08:30am – 5.00pm on Fridays
- Salary – Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Car allowance
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter briefly outlining your suitability for the role marked for the attention of Gary Kirk. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01509 633707.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.