Residential & Rural Estates Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our rural estates management team to assist with the day-to-day management of let cottages, holiday accommodation and farms on a range of varied rural estates within the East Midlands region.
About the job
Mather Jamie Chartered Surveyors are an East Midlands based independent mixed commercial, development and agricultural practice. The Company was established in 1991 and is a director-led professional service that has developed an unrivalled reputation for delivering good, competent and reliable advice and expertise to their loyal client base for over 30 years.
We seek an efficient, articulate, pro-active and highly organised individual to join our rural estates management team to assist with the day-to-day management of let cottages, holiday accommodation and farms on a range of varied rural estates within the East Midlands region. The position will provide an interesting and varied workload to include all aspects of residential property management including property maintenance, tenancy matters, lettings, viewings, inspections and tenant liaison, which will be carried out under the supervision of the Director of Rural Estates. As the role is varied and at times demanding, the successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and possess a calm demeanour with a common-sense approach.
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- Capable of working as part of a team or on their own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to clients, tenants, external contractors and colleagues.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint are considered essential plus the ability to demonstrate an adaptability or willingness to learn the use of property-specific software packages and online resources.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with high levels of attention to detail.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A pro-active approach to work and a willingness to get involved and put forward ideas.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
- Some knowledge of property administration would be advantageous, but is not essential. A positive attitude, lots of personality and acute attention to detail are more important.
- A full clean driving licence is considered essential.
Hours & Salary
Full time, 37 hours per week
(9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Fridays)
Salary – £20,000 to £25,000 per annum.
The role would be suited to someone with excellent administration, communication and computer skills or someone with previous property management or lettings experience.
The successful candidate will be seeking a challenging and rewarding position providing a varied experience of residential and rural property management. You should have an interest in historic rural estates, the countryside and excellent people skills with a desire to become part of a highly dedicated and motivated team.
You will be energetic, confidential and capable of getting on well with the staff, tenants, external contractors and clients. You should have excellent IT skills, good attention to detail and be able to deal with a wide variety of tasks in a timely manner.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate on all management processes and company protocols and they will operate directly under the supervision of the Director of Rural Estates.
We are open to receiving applications from candidates without former property management experience as full training for the role will be provided.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter briefly outlining your suitability for the role marked for the attention of Mrs Amy Biddell:
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th September 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE